Caviar & Tater Tots
TRY THIS DELICIOUS NEW FOOD TREND - A GREAT WAY TO JAZZ UP YOUR SUNDAY BRUNCH OR ELEVATE YOUR INGER FOOD EXPERIENCE!
Pick your choice of black caviar or red caviar...We suggest smoked trout for red caviar. You could even serve up both caviar if you feel like treating yourself.
Check out this delicious homemade Tater Tot recipe from "Damn Delicious"
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook until parboiled, about 6-7 minutes; drain well and let cool.
- Using a box grater, finely shred potatoes. Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain potatoes completely, removing as much water as possible.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Stir in flour, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and dill; season with salt and pepper, to taste. The mixture should be workable but dry. Form potatoes into tots.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add tots to the skillet, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately.
- ***TOP WITH CREME FRAICHE & A SCOOP OF YOUR CHOICE OF CAVIAR! Garnish with chives, if you wish.